Study and understand the activity lifecycle well (http://
developer.android.com/reference/android/app/Activity.html) and then
think again what you are trying to do. Forget about minimizing/
maximizing; that concept doesn't even exist in Android. You have to
think in terms of activity lifecycle.

Ali Chousein
Geo-Filtered Assistant
http://geo-filtered-assistant.blogspot.com/
Cisco Android marketplace (Chosen for Cisco Cius)
https://marketplace.cisco.com/apphq/products/510