Actually, you only need minSdk or targetSdk set to 4 or above.

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens-support-1.5.html#CompatMode

-- Kostya

14.07.2011 23:00, Greg Donald пишет:
-<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />
+<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="7" />

This is what fixed it.  Everything is filling the screen again.

Some test code I used:

     DisplayMetrics metrics = new DisplayMetrics();
     getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getMetrics( metrics );

     app.log( "heightPixels: " + metrics.heightPixels );
     app.log( "widthPixels: " + metrics.widthPixels );

Looks like sdk version 3 is hard coded to 320x480, no matter what
phone I run it on.  Good to know.  I guess I'm into sdk version 7 from
here on.

--
Kostya Vasilyev