I've developed a framework that loads potentially untrusted plug-in
code from a remote repository into my framework's process at runtime
(using OSGi). Each plug-in is started on a thread that my framework
holds a reference to. Problematically, misbehaving plug-ins may
continue to run, even when asked to stop by the framework using
conventional means (i.e. setting a flag). Because of this, I need a
way to forceably kill the thread a problem plug-in is running on,
along with any additional threads the plug-in thread may have created.
Since I can't rely on "normal" methods of managing plug-in threads
(i.e. using a flag or relying on the thread obeying an interrupted
exception), I've tried sending the plug-in thread's id into
android.os.Process.killProcess, but this doesn't seem to work. I've
also tried using ActivityManager.killBackgroundProcesses, but this
method doesn't seem to operate at the thread level.

Any other ideas?
DCA