Hi there,

I'm using a large SQLite DB from which a query could return 70k+ rows.
As i understand, the query result is written to the CursorWindow, in
which the SQLiteCursor is moving freely to get values.
Since I want to limit the memoryfootprint of my query result, i want
to keep the size of the cursorwindow small.

Is it possible to get only one row at a time and explicitly step to
the next answer, even if the DB would have to be locked during this
time?

I had a look into the android-api sources and it appears to me that
the window always contains all returned rows, so it could always have
a rowcount of up to (Integer.maxValue). Only except the query would be
fired using the (at the moment) unsupported Function
public Cursor rawQuery(String, String[], int initialRead, int maxRead)

Is there another way to get the query results row by row?

Changing the SQL query or the database would be Plan C at best...

Thanks a lot!