Hello to the Android SDK team at Google,

I don't know if anyone in the Android SDK team is listening, but I have a
request.  I know you guys are working on the emulator's speed in the
Honeycomb SDK.  I was wondering if it is possible to release a VirtualBox
version of the Honeycomb emulator to run on MacOS X.  The Qemu emulator of
Honeycomb is simply not usable on a decent development machine.  Decent
meaning; dual core, 2.8GHz, 4Gig RAM.  This should be sufficient to develop
an application for a desktop, so it should be sufficient to develop for a
tablet.  Yet, it is unusable to test my application on the latest SDK's
emulator.

I've built the AOSP emulator for VirtualBox, and it is able to bootup.  But
it lacks mouse and Ethernet support, so it is not usable as a testing tool.
 The Honeycomb emulator should have support for a mouse already, and
Ethernet support shouldn't be too difficult to add.  Thus, there shouldn't
be any reason to prevent a VirtualBox version of the Honeycomb emulator.
 So, Android SDK team, please consider releasing something else to hold us
over until a usable Qemu solution is ready.  I think it is very insidious to
force Android app developers to use Qemu in its current state.

So I beg you.  Give us something for the time being, please.

--jc