I am unclear what "root all the memory allocation" means. If you
really mean "route all the memory allocation", then, no, there's no
way to do that AFAIK.

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Simon Platten
<simonaplat...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is there a method or object I can override that will root all the memory
> allocation performed by my application through to something I can
> control...this would include any views and objects I reference.  I have a
> problem where a background thread loads images in the background, as I
> scroll through the list view, if I scroll quickly it can sometimes bomb the
> applications.  Checking the log it appears the application is running out of
> heapspace.  The application is ok, but I want to capture this find of thing
> to prevent the application from crashing out.

You can catch OutOfMemoryError exceptions at runtime.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books