Sadly that "open issue" has been marked unreproducible ... I don't
understand why but I guess it's not going to be addressed.

I checked all the documentation about the UID of the app and I didn't
find anything warning of it being impossible to change. I just was
trying to simplify some internal stuff and realized there might be
some conflict with other things. Because of the way you have to think
so far ahead with it, I think it would actually be better to make it a
required field. That way it gives the product at least the option of
utilizing it further down the road. Ok at least I know I am not crazy.
Thanks Nikolay.

-Greg