I am a newbie to android development. Kindly spare me if I ask wrong
questions.

I am developing a POI search for gas stations nearby the current GPS
location. Whenever my application starts, It should get the current
location and based on that run a POI search in the background and plot
them on the map.

I am using googleAPIs for displaying google map view. I have also find
the current location using location manager.

Now I want to get overlay information about gas stations from the
maps. I think this information is already stored on the map. Or in
case I am wrong, please correct me. I now want to plot the gas
stations on the map.

Any help on this will be appreciated. I might have said many things
wrong here but guide me through it.

Thanks in Advance!!!