On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:17:42 PM UTC-4, Priyank wrote:

> I saw a few posts which said that even though we add this line in the
> manifest file, we are not able to disable the Clear Data button for an
> application.
> I tried it in 2.2, 2.3 and 3.0 and was not able to disable that
> button. Am I doing anything wrong or is there any other method to do
> this.

Apparently that was only ever available for system applications, and is also
broken in some versions.  This would be consistent with the android design
goal of not letting 3rd party apps make semi-permanent changes to the
device.  Even if it did work, removing and re-installing the application
would get around it.

See:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-developers/sQkfGQ9zVrc/AT98os1ZjYAJ