You can also have write access to the SD card directly, so you could
save your stuff for your app there, if you're willing to handle the
case when the SD card may be not be plugged in.

Also, 802.11n is backwards compatible with 802.11g.  Just make sure
you're not running your router in 802.11n only mode and your phone
should connect fine with it.