I have a working app with a working debug APK file generated by
Dreamweaver CS5.5 and PhoneGap.
It runs perfectly on both the emulator and actual devices.

The distribution apk file has an extension of .ap_

I have signed the file using jarsigner, and aligned it using zipalign.
I have uploaded the file to the Android Market, but when I download it
to my device from the Market, upon attempting to install the app, I am
prompted with an "Install Unsuccessful", "Package file is Invalid"
error.

In the zipalign process, I have tried outputting the file at as both
an .ap_ file and an .apk file, and both yield the same result.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.