I have a FragmentActivity which hosts a FragmentStatePagerAdapter. The
pager contains multiple instances of the same fragment, in order that
the user can swipe between the items in a list. I want to be able to
provide the user with an options menu which will act only on the
visible item.

For example, I have a list of images displayed in imageviews inside
fragments. I want an option menu item allowing the user to set the
image as their wallpaper.

At the moment when I try this, when onPrepareOptionsMenu is called,
the code is called in multiple fragments (usually the current + next
one). The same when an item is selected. This causes the wrong image
to be set as the wallpaper.

How can I prevent the options menu triggering for more than the
currently visible fragment?

Question also posted to StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6831544/using-options-menu-in-a-multi-fragment-activity