On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:17 AM, JRock <develo...@earthblood.com> wrote:
> I develop an app that has the minimum sdk set to:
> android:minSdkVersion="4" and does not require any special features
> specific to any particular sdk above 1.6. I simply want this app to
> work on as many devices as possible.
>
> Which sdk should I be compiling against?

IMHO, compile against the highest SDK whose API you are using
directly. It sounds like in this case, that's API Level 4.

> Which sdk should I set as the 'android:targetSdkVersion' ? Should it
> always be the one I am compiling against?

If you want your application to adopt the Honeycomb look-and-feel
(e.g., action bar, holographic theme) when run on a Honeycomb device,
choose 11.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!