01.08.2011 19:02, Ash McConnell пишет:
Hi Kostya,

It's not that the single bitmap is too large, it's that I'm updating quite a few bitmaps. The biggest bitmap in PNG form (a lot smaller I know) is only 4KB. I am updating 14 ImageViews in each update. Is there any way to split the update for each widget instance somehow?

Binder data size limit is 512K, IIRC, so it should be enough for the update.

Are you sure the failed transaction is not caused by bad data in RemoteViews (references to views that don't exist, etc.) that cause the remote side (Launcher) to crash?

What are the other methods to push a bitmap into a widget? Anything I could search for?

ImageView can grab images from a Uri, and supports content:// and file:// style Uris.

-- Kostya

Thanks for your help!
All the best,
Ash