> You could launch the activity using the FLAG_ACTIVITY_SINGLE_TOP
> flag. Then when you call startActivity() again, a new instance
> won't be created, the intent will be delivered to onNewIntent().

So if I still have a handle to the intent when I relaunch it as you
describe above, would I still be able to call methods on it. The
idea is for me to be able to start the preview, let it run on the
server, keep snapping pics whenever a request comes in and then
stop it. I can do a single shot for now only ..