On Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:55:14 AM UTC-4, razor wrote:

> Hi.
> I have simple USB interface (acting like serial port, basen on FTDI
> FT245RL chip).
> It works on windows like COM port.
>
> Is it possible to connect it to Android Phone (like HTC Desire) and
> read/write values from this port ?

Possibly, by rooting the phone to install additional kernel drivers and
rigging up an external VBUS supply for the device; at least that has been
possibly on several previous HTC models going back to the G1.

The Honeycomb-and-later (optional) official android methods would not apply
since there aren't yet phone versions of that released. It's not clear if
the case of host-capable-logic incapable of supplying VBUS (ie, most of the
somewhat capable phones out there) would ever be officially supported.