Hi!

I created a custom View called LabeledSpinner  that consists of a TextView
and a Spinnerand extends LinearLayout. I created an attrs.xml file and put
the following lines into it

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <declare-styleable name="LabeledSpinner">
        <attr name="text" format="string"/>
    </declare-styleable>
</resources>

Here is the constructor of my LabeledSpinner:

    public LabeledSpinner(Context context, AttributeSet attrs){
         super(context, attrs);
         setOrientation(HORIZONTAL);
         LayoutInflater.from(context).inflate(R.layout.labeled_spinner,
this, true);
         TypedArray a = context.obtainStyledAttributes(attrs,
R.styleable.LabeledSpinner);
         String text = a.getString(R.styleable.LabeledSpinner_text);
         a.recycle();

    }

Here is the labeledspinner.xml

<merge xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
            <TextView
            android:layout_width="wrap_content"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:textSize="18sp"
            android:gravity="center"
        />
        <Spinner
               android:background="@drawable/combobox_selector"
               android:layout_width="wrap_content"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:drawSelectorOnTop="true"
           />

</merge>

And finally here is the part of my main RelativeLayout that contains my
LabeledSpinner:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
  xmlns:randomnamespace="
http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/PackageNameThatCanBeFoundInTheManifestFile
"
  android:layout_width="fill_parent"
  android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<PackageNameThatCanBeFoundInTheManifestFile.gui.LabeledSpinner
               android:id="@+alarmsettings/intervalspinner"
               android:layout_height="fill_parent"
               android:layout_width="wrap_content"
               android:layout_below="@+alarmsettings/seperator1"
               android:layout_alignBottom="@+alarmsettings/addinterval"
               android:layout_marginTop="1dip"
               android:gravity="center"
              randomnamespace:text="Hello world"
  />

</RelativeLayout>

I created the code using several tutorials/forums on the subject and they
all stated that such code l will work but for some reason there is no text
in my inner TextView.
Maybe I missed something regarding the tutorials but I'm totally out of any
ideas so please help me.