That looks fine. The only issue/trick for bitmaps that I'm aware of is
the option to call bitmap.recycle(), which forces the bitmap to free
its pixel memory immediately, rather than waiting for the GC. This is
optional, since the GC will trigger this too. Calling recycle() is
tricky, because now the bitmap object is "dead", and will throw an
exception if it is used, so only do this if you're low on memory, and
want to free some up right away (and you're SURE you won't reference
that bitmap again).