On Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:49:34 PM UTC-4, Matt wrote:

> while (true) {
>     Copy plugin jar from assets to temp directory
>     Create a DexClassLoader using plugin jar as the classpath
>     Load plugin using this class loader
>     Delete plugin jar from temp directory
> }
>
> Eventually, creating the DexClassLoader fails due to lack of disk
> space.

I'd try to avoid copying and deleting the file each time, at least if it's
the same file.

> Or do I just have to hope that in the real world, my
> application's process gets restarted often enough that I won't hit
> this problem?

It's interesting to think about how the activity lifecycle and things like
orientation changes mean you process often gets terminated and then
recreated, in a way that's supposed to be invisible to the user.  I wonder
if there's a reliable way to cause that to happen?  It might be worth
looking into.