Hi all,
i wrote a small application that has a openGL part (GLSurfaceView) and
a video part (VideoView).
When i run the openGL part everything is ok and the framerate is
constantly at 60fps.
But when i add a VideoView on top of the GLSufaceView and start it,
the openGL framerate drops down to ~35fps. I looked at the CPU load,
but it was ~20% in general, so CPU cannot be the problem i guess.
I also used the WindowManager.addView(...) to have a seperate window.
Nothing worked, fps still dropped down.
To check whether i wrote some bad code, i reused the ApiDemos that
come with the SDK and modified it to have a VideoView on top of the
OpenGL ES 2.0 demo. Still with the same result.
So can anyone hint me, where i'm wrong? Or is this a technical
restriction and i can do nothing about it?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Greetings, chris