In the Android activity stack there can only be one app running in the
foreground (see this http://goo.gl/WyZOx) so this idea won't work as
you might be envisioning it.

You could modify the UI of your app so that the window and all
backgrounds are transparent, but this would only show you the
wallpaper and shortcuts below, no interaction would be possible.  If
you need to run multiple activities at the same time, you might want
to look into using a LocalActivityManager to load activities, pull
their main view, and load that into a layout.  This would be similar
to using an iframe in HTML something like this:

LocalActivityManager manager = getLocalActivityManager();
Intent preloader = new Intent("com.pkg.Foo");
View childView = manager.startActivity(preloader.getAction(),
preloader.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP)).getDecorView();

frame.removeAllViews();
frame.addView(childView);

"frame" would be some kind of Linear or RelativeLayout that you could
then add a child view to.  The more layouts you have, the more pseudo
iframes.