The chapter nine project uses a texture atlas.
http://code.google.com/p/beginning-android-games/source/browse/

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Muriako <ksmic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to learn OpenGL ES 2.0 by creating a fairly simple app.  At
> this point it is nothing more than a square on the middle of the screen that
> I am able to apply a texture to.  The next step for my idea is to be able to
> apply multiple textures to that square, and I want to create the entire
> thing as efficiently as possible, so I would like to get these textures from
> a texture atlas.  The problem here is that I cannot find any examples that
> do something similar to study, so it's quite difficult for a beginner like
> myself to figure out what I have to do.
>
> I am able to get the texture for the square from anywhere in an image
> without a problem, the issue for me is that I am not sure how to create more
> textures from that one image and apply all of them to a single object in a
> specific order.  I have searched around quite a bit, and posted in two
> different places, but I haven't been able to get any solid answers yet.  Any
> help is appreciated.

Raghav Sood
CEO/Founder/Owner/Dictator/Tyrant at Appaholics (Basically all titles
required to have complete control)
http://www.raghavsood.com/
https://market.android.com/developer?pub=Appaholics
http://www.appaholics.in/