Hi all, I have a very simple game that I'm trying to do for learning
purposes.  One of the options is selecting the number of players (2-4)
via a spinner.  When a choice is made from the spinner I am moving the
value to a string and then using that string in a series of if/else if
statements to (eventually) handle the option.  I am running into the
problem where the condition that (to me) seems like it should be true
is evaluating to false.
If I select "Two", the value moved to the variable is "Two" but the
check for the variable == "Two" isn't getting hit.
(hope that was all clear, backstory may not be needed but better safe
than vague).  Anyway, the spinner's OnSelectedItemListener...

    public class MyPlayerOnItemSelectedListener implements
OnItemSelectedListener {
        public void onItemSelected(AdapterView<?> parent, View view, int
pos, long id) {
                String strResult;
                strResult = parent.getItemAtPosition(pos).toString();
                if (strResult == "Two") {
                        Toast.makeText(parent.getContext(), "this is the result
when
one is selected", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                } else if (strResult == "Three") {
                        Toast.makeText(parent.getContext(), "three players /" +
strResult + "/", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                } else if (strResult == "Four") {
                        Toast.makeText(parent.getContext(), "four",
Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                } else {
                        Toast.makeText(parent.getContext(), "something else /" +
strResult + "/", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
                }

        }
        public void onNothingSelected(AdapterView<?> parent) {

        }
    }

No matter what I select using this code the Toast shows as "something
else /" + what the value actually is + "/".  i.e. if I chose 'Two' the
toast reads "something else /Two/".
Any help would be greatly appreciated on this.  I'm certain it is
something very fundamental that I'm just missing.  Thanks in advance
Erik Wagner