It's reasonable to expect that they will attempt to shake down everyone who sells an Android app. It's not reasonable to expect that they will actually sue everyone they contact. Nobody has the resources to do that. I still think this is just one guy in a dark room writing threatening letters hoping to scare people into sending him money. Not much different from the Nigerian prince scam, only legal.

The more of these letters we see, the less likely it is that any of them can be taken seriously.

My opinion of course.