I am trying to build an Android development environment on my PC. But
I'm encountering some problems, and desperately need help.
Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)
Installed components:
- Android SDK  (installer_r12-windows (from
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
- Eclipse Classic 3.7 for Windows 64 bit (from
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/)

I am trying to install the ADT Plugin for Eclipse but I'm having some
trouble with it.
I tried following the instructions listed on the official site (http://
developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html) but without success.
I first tried setting the location for the new repository to
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ as suggested, but I got the
following error message:
"Unable to connect to repository
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/content.xml";
(I tried using "http" instead of "https" but got the same results).
When I submit this url in the location bar of my browser I get the 404
error. (The requested URL was not found ...)
I then tried as suggested to download the ADT Plugin zip file, and set
the location of the new repository to the local copy I downloaded.
But, this time I couldn't go through with the installation because of
the following problem:
"Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could
not be found.
Software being installed: Android Development Tools
12.0.0.v201106281929-138431 (com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.feature.group
12.0.0.v201106281929-138431)"

I tried installing a different version of Eclipse but had no success.
Can someone help?