I am developing a 2D app in which I am using OpenGL ES to display the
graphics. It is done in the most basic manner, by having textured
quads and orthographic projection.

It has worked very well, until I received my new Nexus S phone. On
this device, but not on any other as far as I have seen, graphics
which are rotated with glRotate comes out ugly and aliased:

http://apploudable.com/tmp/device-nexus.png

On the emulator which runs the same screen resolution, in addition to
other phones I have been trying it on (Hero, Desire) the image looks
much better:

http://apploudable.com/tmp/device-emulator.png

Any ideas as to what can be causing this? Are there some hardware
issues on the Nexus S, perhaps, or is it something I am doing wrong?

I have tried to adjust glShadeModel and glHint with all available
options, but still with the same result.

Thanks for any input!