That doesn't jibe with actual user experience.

The following repros for me:

1) With an activated dev phone, run the Startup Wizard via Any Cut.

2) Exit immediately, via the Back Button.
    2a) Verify that Startup Wizard has ended, if desired.

3) Verify that the Home Button now does *nothing* on any screen. In
particular, it does NOT bring the Startup Wizard up
    3a) Additionally, functionality changes can be verified in the
Call Button, Screen Lock, and Power Down.
    3b) Limited button functionality persists through reboot.

4) Regain normal functionality by running the Startup Wizard again,
with your original creds.

-sff