On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 4:01 AM, franky.b <frank.bit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the Android device at least appear as "External Storage Device"
> in the file explorer when it is connected via USB?

If the user elects to mount it, yes. With Honeycomb (and, presumably,
future releases of Android), this will also require that the host OS
support MTP -- Windows does, OS X and Linux need third-party apps.

> So it would be possible to figure out the drive letter of that storage
> volume and to do a common file copy in the desktop application?

I don't know how you would determine the drive letter, since it could
be just about anything. And, of course, the notion of a "drive letter"
is a Windows construct.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in Oslo: http://bit.ly/fjBo24