Take a look at something like Lunar Lander (comes with your Android
SDK) and poke around.

I should point out (before everyone who has ever looked at it jumps
down my throat) that you should search 'How To Fix Android Lunar
Lander' on the web - as it does have some flaws. (Or take a look at
http://andgamesdevblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/where-did-i-start-and-how-to-fix-lunar.html)
The example does have some plus points though and gives you a basic
game framework.  You can also get your hands on the source code for
Replica Island - a full, end to end game to poke around in.

There is a ton of examples and helpful forums (like this).

And finally:  best of luck!  I'll keep an eye out for your work.