I completely agree with Kris.  A million years ago I taught for
another very well known university's extension program.  Some of my
students went on to be very highly skilled programmers.  I like to
think my courses contributed at least a little to that, but it was
nowhere close to the same as a CS degree from our parent university.
On the other hand, it was a lot better than our students could get
during their remote military assignments otherwise.  So take the
course for what it is worth and then keep learning.

Mike