Hello all, after searching for a while for a solution to my issue, I
thought I would post the question here to see if someone has a better
answer.

First off, I'm very new to Android programming, and programming in
general (i've only really worked with PHP in the past), so I've been
kinda learning as I go along with examples, tutorials and books.  The
application is very basic, its a soundboard app with only 1 button.
When pressed, that 1 button will play 1 random soundclip.  Currently,
there are 79 sound clips, with more to be added in a future update.
As I have it right now, i execute loadClips() on the app's onCreate,
which goes ahead and loads all 79 sounds into the SoundManager.

As it stands right now, the app is functioning fine, however, I do
notice a bit of a delay when launching the app on my HTC Desire Z, but
nothing too crazy, its probably around 5-6 seconds.  However, when I
load it on my Asus Transformer tablet, it takes considerably longer
(about 15 seconds or so).  My guess was that not many people would be
downloading the app for the Transformer, so I released it anyways.

So far, I've had only 1 complaint from a user who says that it takes a
little over 15 seconds to load the app on his HTC Magic+, in the
meantime he's just staring at a blank screen.  But he was fine with
dealing with that.

Now, we're working on an update for the app, and my friend who is
making the iPhone version will be adding in a bunch more clips into
the app.  My fear is that it will further increase the app's startup
time, which I believe to be unacceptable.  Thus, I'm trying to find
out if there's a better way to do this.

Any ideas on how I could do this?  Do you need to see my code in order
to offer a suggestion.

Also, as a side question, when adding clips to my sound manager, is
there an easier way than having 79 lines of
"mSoundManager.addSound(X,R.raw.soundX); like in some sort of loop.  I
did originally try to do a for loop, but quickly realized that
wouldn't work directly.

Thanks for any help you can give.