I've been running into this issue for the last coupe of months, but I
thought this was that my Nexus One was running low on storage.  I
cleaned off a bunch of apps, but it appears that my device will run
out of app storage space after a few dozen pushings of my app to the
device during development.  Once a reboot the phone, the memory clears
up.

Now, as I said, I thought this was an issue with my N1 only, but the
other day, I had to test with the emulator and I am seeing the same
thing happening there.  The Low Storage icon will come on and it will
no longer accept the uploaded apk.

I do not believe this is my app, as replacing the APK should preserve
any data, so if my app was responsible for creating too much data,
that data would probably survive a reboot as well.  I also haven't had
any complaints from the "field" that my app makes the phone run out of
storage.

What could this be?