On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Conny <mcon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the question is
> if I do need to get rsync into the bin folder what do I need to do.

Install some alternative firmware that has rsync in it. Or, root your
phone. Or, don't put rsync in /system, since AFAIK you don't need it
in /system.

> Rsync is a important feature to have on the android device.

You are welcome to your opinion. It is my opinion that this has
absolutely nothing to do with this list.

> Helps to
> keep files in sync. I have a bunch of files I need to keep in sync
> with the server. Imagine having to keep 1000 devices in sync with data
> files.

Sounds like you need a better server. Beyond that, though, if you're
willing to deal with multiple CPU ports of rsync, you shouldn't need
it in /system to run it, any more than you need a binary in desktop
Linux to be in /usr/bin to run it.

> If you are so smart, why dont u try to give me some direction/hints.

Because this has nothing to do with this list.

> After all the group is meant just for that right ?

No. It is meant for developing Android applications with the SDK.
rsync has nothing to do with the Android SDK.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in Oslo: http://bit.ly/fjBo24