well I've tried my code on my real device and I'm facing the same
error...
you all are correct, the cupcake branch has fixed the issue (I have
the new source here)...
even though the error remains for me (even recompiling the platform
core etc, bla bla bla)...

by the way, I've tried your app here and I've got the same error...
however if I type only piz it shows me one record but if I type pizza,
it gives me this bloody forwardGeocode(): no feature in GLocation
error...
if you type pizza munich for example, do you get anything there?

cheers,
rafa