Just want to throw my experience into the mix.

I monitor my stats very closely.

I noticed on 13th sep that total downloads had not increased as much
as usual, but the active installs had gone up as just as usual.

And since then total downloads has been constant, but active has
increased as normal.

No problems with comments or ratings.

I also monitor a few other games and I notice that theirs is not
changing either.

I do find it very annoying that total is not at all linked to active.
I can understand why, but it makes the ratio that is quoted useless.