Hi,

I'm encountering exactly the same problem,however I'm not getting my failed
bind transaction immediately, it looks like it happens after a certain
amount of widget updates.
The initial size is small enough to succeed and the image size is small (
I'm always updating a small single image ~ 4K).

In order to to conserve resources I'm not inflating my widget on each update
instead I'm using the same RemoteViews only updating the image, for example:

// Use cached value.
RemoteViews returnValue = mRemoteViewCreator.getRemoteView();
returnValue.setImageViewBitmap(R.id.imgTextWithImage, myImg);
appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(thisWidget, returnValue);

Couple of questions:
1. Does it make sense to update the widget this way ? Is it really faster ?
2. How do I know what is size that is transferred through the IPC mechanism
?

Thank you.