Hi All,

I'm just wondering whether any of you had faced similar problem as I
do.

What I'm trying to do is to get Mobile Equipment ID from a CDMA
device.
the line code of TelephonyManager getDeviceId works fine, only by a
small mistake. The returned value (MEID) was not the value printed on
the battery socket. Both consists of the same length of characters (14
characters, as stated in MEID specs). The rest is slightly (or mostly)
different.

This one is returned by getDeviceId (and also stated in the Settings -
> About Phone -> Status)
MEID
A100001B15527D

This one is printed on the batt socket
MEID
A000002E25AB08

Also for curiosity check, I try to convert the MEID I got from
getDeviceId to pESN and try to match it with the one (also) printed on
the batt socket, here is what I got:

Calculated borrowing code from:
https://github.com/ghassani/Android-MEID-Converter.git
(Credit to the owner)
pESN
802BA8D9

Printed Version
pESN
807A6528

So I'm trying to figure out whether this is a known bug or a specific
hardware issue.
Below is my full spec:
Huawei C8511 http://mobiles.sulekha.com/huawei_c8511_specification.htm

So far I'm not able to confirm this with other device with similar
specs, so any insight is gratefully welcomed.
Regards,