I have implemented Point attenuation according to the Android
specification in two of my company's apps. I have found that it works
like it should on most devices, like those from Samsung. I have
implemented Point attenuation on Symbian and C++ before, so I am quite
sure that I have implemented it the right way. It is about the same
code implementation in all OpenGL.

The problem is that everything implemented with Point attenuation will
look like a blurry mess on devices from HTC and some from LG. This
happens on even the newest devices from HTC, like HTC Desire HD. Why
is it like this?

These devices should support Point attenuation according to their
specifications, but why don't they?