No, the change I'm talking about is in the platform itself, so would be seen with or without the compatibility package - if running on 3.*, and your targetSdk is set to 11 or greater (maybe it's not, then it must be something else).

28.09.2011 13:41, b0b ?????:

    The error is rare then because fewer than 1.5% of devices are
    running Android 3.*:

Not when using the compat package (android.support.v4.*).
Anyway to be clear, this exception is super rare in my app using the compat package 2.x devices.

--
Kostya Vasilyev