If I recall correctly from some of the Google I/O presentations they talked about a box going dirty and then flushing up that it needs to be redrawn and thus everything gets redrawn.

How can you trigger this?
I have an activity which has my own media class which extends ImageView with some special functions.
I use this to play a video frame by frame using MediaMetadataRetrieve
The problem is that it only shows the first frame even though the code does step through and collect multiple frames and bitmaps and places them on the ImageView.

The code, does but visually only the first frame ever shows. Show How can I force the whole Activity to redraw .

thanks in advance