On Oct 1, 5:43 am, Daniel Drozdzewski <daniel.drozdzew...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 1 October 2011 00:11, RLScott <fixthatpi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> .  The accuracy I am looking for
> > is 1 part in 200,000.
>
> I am not sure what kind of instruments are you tuning, but since basic
> crystal oscillator accuracy is in between 10^(-5) and 10^(-4) for
> audible frequencies this seems as accurate as one would need.

  http://www.reyburn.com/irct.html

This page from a competitor's website cites an accuracy of 0.01 cents
(which is musical terminology for 0.0000057).  This is the industry
standard for professional piano tuning devices.  So an uncorrected
10^(-5) would not be competitive.  That web page also mentions
automatic calibration through something he calls the "CyberCloud"
which I assumed was an NTP function through his server.  I can't
imagine how else he would do it.  Of course his product is on the
iPhone which does not have GC, so maybe that is the difference.