Ok if put a thread sleep inside the doInBackground method it will work when
changing the screen orientation during the asynctask execution.So how do i
save the filler views when changing the screen orientation after the
asynctask has completed?In the method:

 @Override
public Object onRetainNonConfigurationInstance() {
if(task!=null)
task.detach();
return(task);
}

the task is saved, but how do i save filler views state?

regards,