Hi All,
I'm trying a sample code available on the web, in which I'm trying to test
AutoCompleteView. When trying to call setAdapter() method in following
lines:

*        autoCompTxt.setAdapter(arrayAdapter);*
* autoCompTxt.setThreshold(3);*

I'm getting the following errors;

*Multiple markers at this line*
* - Syntax error on token "arrayAdapter", VariableDeclaratorId expected
after *
* this token*
* - Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)*

The code for the main Activity is as below:

*package com.demo.autocomp;*
*
*
*import android.app.Activity;*
*import android.os.Bundle;*
*import android.widget.ArrayAdapter;*
*import android.widget.AutoCompleteTextView;*
*
*
*public class AutoCompleteDemoActivity extends Activity {*
* private final static String[] presidents = { "Dwight D. Eisenhower", "John
F. Kennedy",*
* "Lyndon B. Johnson", "Richard Nixon", "Gerald Ford",*
* "Jimmy Carter", "Ronald Reagan", "George H. W. Bush",*
* "Bill Clinton", "George W. Bush", "Barack Obama" };*
*
*
* /** Called when the activity is first created. */*
* @Override*
* public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {*
* super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);*
* setContentView(R.layout.main);*
* }*
*
*
* AutoCompleteTextView autoCompTxt = (AutoCompleteTextView)
findViewById(R.id.autoCompleteTextView1);*
* ArrayAdapter<String> arrayAdapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>(*
* getApplicationContext(),*
* android.R.layout.simple_dropdown_item_1line, presidents);*
* autoCompTxt.setAdapter(arrayAdapter);*
* autoCompTxt.setThreshold(3);*
*}*

The corresponding res/layoute/main.xml is as below(there is no errors in
main.xml, just posting for reference purposes):

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>*
*<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"*
* android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent"*
* android:layout_height="fill_parent">*
* <TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent"*
* android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/president" />*
* <AutoCompleteTextView android:layout_width="match_parent"*
* android:id="@+id/autoCompleteTextView1"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"*
* android:text="AutoCompleteTextView">*
* <requestFocus></requestFocus>*
* </AutoCompleteTextView>*
*</LinearLayout>*

Would appreciate if someone can point me what is wrong here or how to fix
the error and make the code work.

Thanks,
KK