Hi,

I'm trying to register an intent so that my app pops up as a possible
choise when choosing "Share link" from the browser's context menu or
"More -> Share page" from the browser's application menu.

To do this, I have so far created a new activity called
"ShareActivity" and updated the manifest like this:

<activity android:label="@string/app_name"
android:name="SendActivity">
  <intent-filter>
   <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND" />
   <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
   <data android:scheme="http" /> -->
  </intent-filter>
</activity>

Sadly, this doesn't work. The browser (in a default Android 2.3.3
image running in the emulator) does not offer any choice when tapping
"Share link" - instead, it goes straight to the SMS app and wants to
send it this way.

When I use android.intent.action.VIEW instead of .SEND, my activity is
actually called when I just tap a link - a dialog is displayed,
allowing to choose between the default browser and my app. However,
that's not what I want.

I've tried any combination of activity and category that seemed
somewhat logical (and yes, even seemingly illogical choices), but to
no avail.

Can anyone offer any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

Much appreciated!

Regards,
Markus