This is a firmware question, so you need to ask it over on one of the
Google Groups listed at http://source.android.com. This list is for
developing applications with the Android SDK.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM, vishnu vardhan reddy madduri
<vishnu.madd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Google Team and all,
>
> Is it really needed that values
>
>    setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 2048
>    setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 3072
>    setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM 4096
>    setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM 4096
>    setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 6144
>    setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 6144
>    setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 6144
>    setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 7168
>    setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 8192
>
> should always be synced with  write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/
> parameters/minfree 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192
>
> What I still do not fully understand is why does init.rc script write
> the values to the property service. I did a searched over the complete
> Android source tree for these keys (FOREGROUND_APP_MEM,
> VISIBLE_APP_MEM, ...) but the only occurances I found were in
> "com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.java " where they are
> read into final int fields which seem to be never referenced anywhere.
> Then What is the need from getting those properties in first place.

> Thanks,

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.6 Available!