However, if I compile it using API Level 7 but run it on a tablet emulator I
still can reproduce the problem. I thought that if you used the acl, when
running on a honeycomb device, the built-in fragment implementation would be
used. But I see that this is not the case here.

Regarding the configChanges workaround, what exactly are the problems that
appear? Except for
adding
android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|keyboard|screenLayout",
is there something else I should modify?