Hi All,
I'm not sure if my question fully belongs to this dev group, apologies for
any mistake.

As part of my stream media player development, I''m done with playing the
stream media, using the standard/default media
player(android.media.MediaPlayer) available as part of android OS. Now the
next feature I'm trying to add to this app, is to show the current song
being played, user count connected to the shoutcast sever etc. I tried to
google around and found something:

http://www.hrupin.com/2011/02/27/example-of-streaming-mp3-mediafile-with-android-mediaplayer-class
           http://www.smackfu.com/stuff/programming/shoutcast.html

Went through the link, but not able to figure out much. I found the
explanation in 2nd link above quite useful but don't know if there is
exiting third party utility. Actually, I'm thinking of some third party
JAR/utility which might be providing some simple API calls, say with the
shoutcast URL and provides the basic information like: current song, stream
speed say in kbps, listening user count etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
--KK