On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:06 PM, sblantipodi
<perini.dav...@dpsoftware.org> wrote:
> the eclipse plugin is written by google team, so they should implement
> a preprocessor instead of leaving the job to an external plugin.
>
> preprocessor is necessary to big apps that needs to run on every kind
> of device,
> for every kind of market and for blackberry android.
> if you don't use preprocessor means that you don't need it since your
> apps
> don't run on many market and on many device :)

I assume that your ":)"s are a passive aggressive insult about people
who don't use preprocessors in their apps...  But I can think of a
number of apps that don't use a preprocessor.

A preprocessor is a separate program, how would this fit into the
eclipse plugin? Along with this, the development tools are completely
separate from the Android platform, so why would Ice Cream Sandwich
have anything to do this?

If you want to use a preprocessor, you can use a java preprocessor and
include it as an ant task.  If you have one you would like to see in
the development tools, why aren't you working on integrating an open
source one with the Android development tools?

Kris