I am trying to create a table that is larger than the screen (both
horizontally and vertically), so I need to scroll around it. I found
ScrollView and have been playing with that in conjunction with TableView.
However, I need to always keep the first column of the table visible, and
just scroll the cells to the right of the first column. To make matters more
difficult, I also need to be able to vertically scroll the first column and
all the other cells. Think of a spreadsheet where the first column is locked
for just vertically scrolling and the rest of the table can be scrolled
vertically and horizontally. Is there a way to lock the scrolling of the
first column? Or do I have do to do something like

ScrollView
     Vertical LinearLayout
         TableView - first column
          Horizontal ScrollView
              TableLayout - rest of the columns

I don't think the above will work, since the two tables don't know about
each other so the cells can be misaligned? Does that thought even make
sense? Have I wandered into the weeds?

Mark