On Oct 25, 7:19 pm, HamdiHamZ <hamdi.zr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dianne and thank you for your reply,
>
>      Sorry, I can't get your point, do you mean that we can't use C++
> at all with the NDK? So why we can see cpp classes in the android
> sources? is it only to build libs and after that libs should be used
> from Java?

The Android cpp file released as the AOSP are part of a
reference implementation of the Android system.  An OEM
can add/subtract/mangle that source all they want as long
as the resulting code passes the CTS it's considered
Android.  An OEM could change status_t to include extra
stuff like "is_drm_secured" or "is_hdmi_output" to satisfy
some streaming media company or whatever.  So, in addition
to Google engineers deciding that they can change status_t
from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 since the only thing linking against it
is the platform code, it can vary between OEMs as well (and
as warned, will break all over the place.)

That being said, this is probably more a question for the
android-ndk group (and if you were doing a one-off app that
ran on firmware you controlled for your own device, you can
probably get it to work for you by dragging a bunch of headers
and .so files into your ndk build environment, but you could
also get it to work by building your shared library into the
firmware at that point.)